Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:00AM – 12:00PM
Villa I Tatti is the Florentine estate where the famed art historian Bernard Berenson and his wife Mary spent the first half of the 20th century entertaining the intellectuals of the day, Edith Wharton among them. In 1959 Berenson left his home with its magnificent library and art collection to his alma mater. Today the Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies is recognized for its outstanding scholarship and the vibrancy of its international community. Susan Roberts, Chair of the Villa I Tatti Council, will join us at The Mount to talk about her 40-year association with this cultural treasure.
- The Mount, 2 Plunkett Street
- Lenox, Berkshire County, MA (Berkshire)
- contact: 413-551-5100
- web: www.edithwharton.org/event/forty-years-villa-tatti/?instance_id=18686
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- cost: $10 general; free for Mount members