Friday, October 17, 2014 8:00 PM
Nobody's Girl is the Academy of Music Theatre's first commissioned play, a screwball comedy by Pioneer Valley playwright Harley Erdman, based on real events that occurred at the Academy of Music in Northampton, MA, in the early 1940s. The story is inspired by the life of Mildred E. Walker, the first woman to be appointed Manager at the Academy of Music, whose promotion spawned outrage from the theater's lessees and resulted in a front-page court case. Directed by Sheila Siragusa.
- Academy of Music Theatre, 274 Main Street
- Northampton, Hampshire County, MA (CT Valley)
- contact: (413) 584-9032 x105
- web: www.academyofmusictheatre.com
- cost: $20-25 plus service fees
funded by Mass Humanities