Help us inspire the Commonwealth by giving $1,000 or more.
Picture a democracy where everyone values cultural knowledge, civic discourse, and diverse perspectives. Instead of a society that’s increasingly divided, detached, and distracted, we have one that’s less polarized, more engaged in civic life, and more willing to listen to others’ opinions–to the benefit of all.
By joining the Mass Humanities Giving Circle, you’re taking part in this crucial endeavor. The Giving Circle includes people who understand the importance of the humanities in developing a vibrant, creative, and well-functioning society, and support Mass Humanities through charitable donations of dollars or property valued at $1,000 or more in a 12 month period.
- Annual regional meetings of the Giving Circle that feature high quality humanities-based presentations and updates from the executive director, with ample time for conversations and feedback.
- The Dashboard, a quarterly email newsletter that puts you at the control panel for the public humanities in Massachusetts: exclusive stories and a deep dive into the concepts and strategies Mass Humanities is putting into action.
- Humanities magazine, for the broader perspective, printed quarterly by the National Endowment for the Humanities. It includes insights from
around the nation into leading and cutting-edge humanities scholarship.
- The executive director’s quarterly report to the board of directors, emailed.
- Special recognition at the annual Governor’s Awards in the Humanities benefit dinner.
- The print edition of the Mass Humanities annual report.
The Mass Humanities Giving Circle is the group of donors closest to the organization. The Circle is open to individuals, couples, and families who contribute $1,000 or more to Mass Humanities in a 12 month period. Gifts of property (stock, artwork, real estate, etc.) may also qualify. Membership begins on the day Mass Humanities receives the qualifying donation and lasts for one year. Only Lifetime Memberships cover multiple years.
A donation of $25,000 or more in a 12 month period qualifies the donor for Lifetime Membership in the Giving Circle.
To join, click the button below. You can also send a check made out to Mass Humanities (66 Bridge Street, Northampton, MA 01060) or contact John Sieracki, Director of Development and Communications, for other options at email@example.com / 413-584-8440 ext. 103.